A change in diet can even shift emotions quickly. This in itself will help the ability to change your mood which is one of the foremost patterns in living healthy.
If you are depressed or if you are unhappy, it’s difficult be healthy. Simple herbs found in nature can remedy a body faster and stronger than any man-made drug.
Nature is powerful.
If you are alive today, you are a survivor. Today’s world is inundated with poison. There is an onslaught of issues related to food and water that is killing millions of people. But believe it or not, the solution is as simple as getting back to mother earth and the basics of ancient herbal remedies, to the methods of eating held as wisdom for thousands of years. Healing begins with a good feeling of the self and how you approach your days.
Only eat organic. Organic options are growing and it’s imperative that we only use and support organic food.
Avoid “food” with more than 5 ingredients, be sure they are all organic ingredients
Keep cooking to a minimum and never use a microwave oven
Eat 60% -80% raw organic vegetables and fruits
Drink Pure water- essential for cell regeneration
People with busy lives or who live in a city typically have a shortened breath throughout the day as protection from environmental poisons and stress. However, at some point, we need to practice deep breathing exercises to both increases the lung capacity and properly release metabolic waste.
Society has created a cycle of fight or flight response from the time the alarm goes off till we fall asleep. Breathing allows for that moment of pause and rests from the nonexistent danger created by stress.
We eat to design our bodies. We breathe for energy.
An oxygenated body has energy and strength.
ENJOY MY DYNAMIC BREATHING EXERCISE
THINK OF THIS: Like anything in life, the further you get from the source the weaker, more diluted, or less defined the source becomes. Like making copies of a document. A copy of the original is good. A copy of a copy is weaker and so on.
Our diets are also representative of this. The sun is the source of life. Eating plants that receive life directly from the sun is closest to the source. Eating animals that eat plants would be a step away, therefore, weaker life essence. Eating animals that eat animals is another step further away from source therefore much less life-giving energy.
There are beneficial minerals and fats that certain animal products carry and many people live healthy with certain animal products in their diet, but these should be a small part of the overall diet which should consist mainly of fresh, organic, and raw vegetables and healthy fats like coconut oil and avocados.
Lighter foods digest easier. Easier digestion = easier elimination. A great way to assist in digestion every day is to include fermented veggies.
Easier elimination = functional waste removal.
Drinking pure water and breathing exercises keep the body strong.
Exfoliate your skin.
Massage your body.
Do eye exercises.
What you take on is a choice you make moment to moment, relationship to relationship.
Every day we should be experiencing joy and gratitude for being alive on Earth. This is the key to greater abundance.
If our lives are at a place where we don’t feel happy with the results we are experiencing, we should still be grateful that we had the chance to create it.
If we want our lives to be different, we must first be aware of and grateful for the fact that we were able to create our lives in the first place. With this understanding, we can then re-direct our thoughts to the life that would make us happy. Honoring what we create gives us more ability to create something different. If we continually feel ill with our current situation we disregard the creation process and continue to attract more of the same. We may not have made the best choices in our current creation, but if we first honor the fact that we did create (even if it was by default), then we have greater strength to re-create.
So no matter what, there is something to be joyful and grateful for. Find it, feed it, and become a master creator.
If you need help with positive affirmations and or healing, please purchase my healing affirmations recordings.
We do not see the world the way it is. We see it the way we are.
Here are some of nature’s most powerful substances for healing the body:
- Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
- It lowers high cholesterol.
- Repairs “sludge blood” and reverses “sticky blood”.
- Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
- Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
- Protects the body from oxidative stress.
- Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
- Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
- Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease, and other digestive disorders.
- Reduces high blood pressure naturally, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and glyconutrients.
- Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
- Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
- Halt’s colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Ends constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
- Prevents and treats candida infections.
- Protects the kidneys from disease.
- Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
- Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Aloe Vera contains over 200 active components including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, polysaccharide, and fatty acids. This explains why there are so many uses and remedies for the Aloe Vera plant.
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
- It may prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- It’s a natural liver detoxifier.
- Turmeric may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain.
- It may prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
- It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
- Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
- It is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
- Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
- Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
- Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
- Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
- Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
- May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Curcumin seems to delay liver damage that can eventually lead to cirrhosis, according to preliminary experimental research at the Medical University Graz in Austria.
- Kansas State University research found that adding certain spices, including turmeric, can reduce the levels of heterocyclic amines — carcinogenic compounds that are formed when meats are barbecued, boiled or fried — by up to 40 percent.
- Rodent studies at the University of Texas indicate that curcumin inhibits the growth of a skin cancer, melanoma and also slows the spread of breast cancer into the lungs.
- Researchers from the University of South Dakota have found that pretreatment with curcumin makes cancer cells more vulnerable to chemo and radiotherapy.
- Epidemiologists have hypothesized that the turmeric that is part of daily curries eaten in India may help explain the low rate of Alzheimer’s disease in that country. Among people aged 70 to 79, the rate is less than one-quarter that of the United States. (Source: Dr. Andrew Weil)
- Bowel-Cleansing: The bitter taste of lemon gives these fruit the ability to increase peristalsis–a pumping-motion in the bowels–which helps to eliminate waste from the bowels and improve regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Cancer: Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including limonene—a naturally-occurring oil that slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
- Colds and Flu: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work in conjunction for a serious punch against infection.
- Liver: Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
- Nutrition: Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber.
- Balances Body Chemistry: While lemons are acidic they interact with the body’s metabolism to have an alkalizing effect on the bodily fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Allergies: Lemons contain the phytonutrient hesperetin which has been shown in studies to alleviate allergic symptoms.
- Brain and Nervous System Disorders: Containing the potent phytonutrient tangeretin in the peel, lemons have been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
- Eye Disorders: Rutin, found in lemons, has been shown in research to improve the symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.
- Anti-Viral: In addition to being effective against cold and flu viruses, terpene limonoids found in lemons have proven anti-viral effects on other types of viruses.
- Diabetes: In addition to improving eye problems linked with diabetes, lemons contain hesperetin which lowers blood sugar levels (when they are high).
- Gall and Kidney Stones: The citric acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Anti-Aging: The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
- Cancer. A study published in the journal Medical Hypotheses noted that use of oral sodium bicarbonate suppressed the spread of cancer in mice xenografted with human breast cancer. Although this discovery is far from the stage of prescribing baking soda to fight cancer, it does illustrate the anticancer potential of this white powder.
- Kidney disease. Sodium bicarbonate can mediate the toxicity of chemotherapy as well as help preserve kidney function in people who are living with kidney disease.
- Allergy and chemical sensitivity relief. According to Dr. Eric Chan (in Sircus’ book), use of a sodium bicarbonate IV can stop allergic reactions and consuming a drink that contains baking soda can reduce symptoms of chemical sensitivity. In a recent study published in Paediatric Respiratory Reviews, sodium bicarbonate is listed as one of the treatment options for this acute asthmatic condition in children.
- Ulcers and gastrointestinal problems. According to Dr. Mercola, 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda stirred into 8 ounces of water is an effective way to deal with ulcer pain. In addition, a recent study reported that the addition of sodium bicarbonate to omeprazole (a drug used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease) to treat infants with the disease was highly effective in lowering gastric acidity.
- Sunburn relief. If you stay in the sun too long, add ½ cup of baking soda to lukewarm water in a bathtub and soak. Do not towel dry after getting out of the bathtub; allow your body to air dry.
- Body odor. You can avoid body odor and the nasty chemicals in commercial antiperspirants and deodorants by combining baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply a thin layer (no, it’s not invisible!)
- Itchiness. You can rub either dry baking soda or a paste made with water on insect bites, poison ivy, or itchy rashes to reduce the itching.
- Plaque buster. To help eliminate tooth plaque and fight oral bacteria, combine six parts baking soda with one part sea salt and pulse in a blender for 30 seconds. Wet your finger and gently rub the mixture on your gums, both inside and outside, and your teeth. Spit out any excess and let the mixture stay in your mouth for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- . Anti-Irritant Properties
- Cayenne has the ability to ease upset stomach, ulcers, sore throats, spasmodic and irritating coughs, and diarrhea.
- 2. Anti-Cold and Flu Agent
- Cayenne pepper aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus. Once mucus begins to leave the body, relief from flu symptoms generally follows.
3. Anti-Fungal Properties
- The results of one study indicated that cayenne pepper could effectively prevent the formation of the fungal pathogens.
- Migraine Headache Prevention: This may be related to the pepper’s ability to stimulate a pain response in a different area of the body, thus reverting the brain’s attention to the new site. Following this initial pain reaction, the nerve fibers have a depleted substance P (the nerve’s pain chemical), and the perception of pain is lessened.
- Anti-Allergen: Cayenne is an anti- agent and may even help relieve allergies.
- Digestive Aid: Cayenne is a well-known digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. This aids the body’s ability to metabolize food (and toxins). Cayenne pepper is also helpful for relieving intestinal gas. It stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion, aiding in both assimilation and elimination.
- Anti-Redness Properties: Cayenne’s properties make it a great herb for many chronic and degenerative conditions.
- Helps Produce Saliva: Cayenne stimulates the production of saliva, an important key to excellent digestion and maintaining optimal oral health.
- Useful for Blood Clots: Cayenne pepper also helps reduce atherosclerosis, encourages fibrinolytic activity, and prevents factors that lead to the formation of blood clots, all of which can help reduce the chances of a heart attack or stroke.
- Detox Support: Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Cayenne also causes us to sweat, another important process of detoxification. Combined with lemon juice and honey, cayenne tea is an excellent morning beverage for total body detox.
- Joint-Pain Reliever: Extremely high in a substance called capsaicin, cayenne pepper acts to cause temporary pain on the skin, which sends chemical messengers from the skin into the joint, offering relief for joint pain.
- Anti-Bacterial Properties: Cayenne is an excellent preservative and has been used traditionally to prevent food contamination from bacteria.
- Anti-Cancer Agent: Studies done at the Loma Linda University in California found that cayenne pepper may help prevent lung cancer in smokers . This may be again related to cayenne’s high quantity of capsaicin, a substance that might help stop the formation of tobacco-induced lung tumors. Other studies have also shown a similar reaction in cayenne’s resistance to liver tumors.
- Supports Weight Loss: Scientists at the Laval University in Quebec found that participants who took cayenne pepper for breakfast were found to have less appetite, leading to less caloric intake throughout the day. Cayenne is also a great metabolic-booster, aiding the body in burning excess amounts of fats.
- Promotes Heart-Health: Cayenne helps to keep blood pressure levels normalized. It also balances the body of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Remedy for Toothache: Cayenne is an excellent agent against tooth and gum diseases.
- Topical Remedy: As a poultice, cayenne has been used to treat snake bites, rheumatism, sores, wounds, and lumbago.
Milk thistle is still one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world and is also the number one recommended natural herb for liver health. In fact, in Europe, milk thistle is a prescribed medication. The milk thistle extract is prescribed to treat mushroom poisoning, alcoholic cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, drug and alcohol-induced liver damage and acute viral hepatitis, just to name a few. Milk thistle extract is used to maintain liver health and to protect the liver from the effects of toxins such as alcohol, a polluted environment or workplace, and a host of liver-related diseases.
Liver related conditions indicating the use of milk thistle are:
- Alcoholic cirrhosis
- Chronic active hepatitis
- Drug and alcohol-induced liver damage
- Acute viral hepatitis
- Fatty liver, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Fibrosis and Cirrhosis
- Hepatic toxicity caused by steroid usage
- Environmental sensitivities and toxins
- A medical condition that necessitates the use of hepatotoxic medications
- Regular moderate-to-heavy alcohol use
Additionally, experimental and clinical studies suggest that milk thistle extracts also have the following non-liver related benefits:
- Lowers cholesterol levels, which benefits the heart
- Reduces the growth of cancer cells in breast, lung, colon, prostate, cervical and renal cancers
- Functions as a therapeutic agent for the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Contains numerous anti-aging properties
- Reduces cell damage caused by radiation and chemotherapy treatments
- Supplements sunscreen protection and may be useful against multiple types of skin disease
- Works as a free radical scavenger and powerful antioxidant
- Reduces hot flashes and other related menopausal symptoms
- Helps with intestinal / indigestion issues
- Reduces the effects of deathcap mushroom (Amanita phalloides) poisoning
- Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
- Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
- Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
- Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas—oops—guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
- Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
- Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
- Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
- Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
- Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Psst…the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
- Relieves Ear Infections or Aches: The use of garlic oil for ear infections or ear aches is an important natural remedy handed down for generations. One recent study showed that 14 strains of bacteria (taken from the noses and throats of children who had ear infections) were killed when treated with garlic.
- Reduces Rheumatism Pain and Inflammation: Prepare a paste from a few cloves of garlic and rub it on the affected area. Garlic’s anti-inflammatory action reduces pain in sore and swollen joints.
- Helps Keep Blood from Clotting: Here’s another good reason to eat fresh garlic daily.Platelets that clump together cause all kinds of troubles including arteriosclerosis, stroke and heart attack. Garlic contains a compound called diallyl disulfide that helps keep blood from clotting. Ingesting fresh garlic has been proven to stop platelets from sticking together thereby allowing your blood to circulate properly.
- Helps to Prevent Hair Loss: Prevent hair loss by rubbing your scalp with this garlic remedy:
1 teaspoon of Garlic Juice
8 oz. of Rosemary Tea
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Mix the ingredients together in a cup. Rub this mixture into your scalp nightly.
- Helps to Lower Cholesterol: Here’s another good reason to eat fresh garlic daily. The liver makes cholesterol, so we don’t need to eat any extra in our foods. Unfortunately, cholesterol is everywhere. Help lower your cholesterol by making better food choices and by eating one-half to one clove of fresh garlic every day. Studies showed that eating this amount of garlic on a daily basis lowered cholesterol about 9 percent.
- Helps to Lower Cancer Risk: There are many things you can do to help lower your risk of getting certain types of cancers, naturally. And garlic consumption is one of them.
According to the National Cancer Institute:
“…Several population studies show an association between increased intake of garlic and reduced risk of certain cancers, including cancers of the stomach, colon, esophagus, pancreas, and breast.
… An analysis of data from seven population studies showed that the higher the amount of raw and cooked garlic consumed, the lower the risk of stomach and colorectal cancer.
…Protective effects from garlic may arise from its antibacterial properties or from its ability to block the formation of cancer-causing substances, halt the activation of cancer-causing substances, enhance DNA repair, reduce cell proliferation, or induce cell death.”
- Help lower blood pressure with the following ingredients:
2 cloves peeled Garlic
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup filtered or Spring Water
Crush and mash the garlic
Mix the garlic with sugar and a glass of water.
Drink 2 tablespoons daily.
- Cough or Chest Cold Remedy: Garlic can be used to fight coughs, chest colds and bacterial infections. Crush a few garlic cloves, put them in a jar or bowl, and cover them in olive oil.
Rub the oil on your feet.
(Adults can put garlic pieces between your toes.)
Then put on socks and go to sleep.
The garlic enters your system and heads to the lungs.
It enhances your immune system and fights viruses.
You can also spread garlic directly on your chest and back to soften the cough and relieve airways.
- Natural Bacteria Fighter: Garlic has been referred to as ‘a natural bacteria fighter’. Apparently, some strains of bacteria that become resistant to antibiotics are killed off when garlic is used.For example, the fungus that causes swimmer’s ear has been treated successfully when amixture of garlic and water was used.
Chaga (Scientific Name: Inonotus Obliquus)
Chaga is the most powerful sought after mushroom on earth. It’s one of the highest, if not the highest, antioxidants in the world and it’s documented extensively for having numerous health benefits, but it’s publicized mostly as an anti-cancer.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are substances that protect cells from the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Free radical damage can lead to cancer. Antioxidants interact with and stabilize free radicals and prevent some of the damage free radicals might otherwise cause.
- Anti-Cancer: Betulinic acid, a constituent of Chaga, is cytotoxic and triggers apoptosis through a direct effect on the mitochondria of cancer cells.
- Anti-HIV: In 2005, published in The Pharmacological Potential of Mushrooms by Ulrike Lindequist et al., Water-soluble lignins isolated from Chaga, inhibited HIV protease with an IC 50 value of 2.5 mg ml_1. . Immunostimulation, other effects of the polysaccharide-protein complexes contribute to the antiviral activity, e.g. inhibition of binding of HIV-1 gp120 to immobilized CD4 receptor and of reverse transcriptase activity of viruses.
- Antibacterial: Chaga kills or inhibits growth or replication by destroying or suppressing reproduction of bacteria.
- Anti-Malarial: There are many active constituents in Chaga that make it antimalarial, but the main biological activities are betulinic acid, saponins and triterpenes.
- Anti-Inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties of Chaga are thought to be the inhibition of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). An extract of Chaga reduced the oxidative stress in lymphocytes from patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Anthelmintic Properties: There are many active constituents in Chaga that make it anthelmintic, but the main biological activities are betulinic acid, saponins and triterpenes.
- Antiviral: There are many active constituents in Chaga that make it antiviral, but the main biological activities are betulinic acid, saponins and triterpenes.
- Antifungal: The following properties make Chaga an antifungal: beta-glucans, betulinic acid, copper, enzymes, flavonoids, lanosterol, manganese, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phenols, polysaccharides, saponins, selenium, sterols, trametenolic acid, triterpenes, triterpenoids and zinc.
- Antimicrobial: Antimicrobial properties in Chaga are amino acids, betulinic acid, chitin, copper, enzymes, flavonoids, inotodiols, lanosterol, manganese, magnesium, melanin, phenols, phytonutrients, polysaccharides, potassium, saponins, selenium, sterols, trametenolic acid, tripeptides, triterpenes, triterpenoids, vanillin and zinc.
- Anti-Candida: Chaga promotes and protects the functions of the liver which busily processes Candida toxins.Chaga has properties that help to lower cholesterol, inflammation and blood pressure levels through sterols and triterpenes. Chaga contains B and D vitamins and lots of protein which promote relief from stress, depression and fatigue which Candida sufferers deal with.
- Immune System Modulator: Chaga has potent immune-supporting properties. Chaga is a rich source of beta-glucans, and polysaccharides that are essential nutrients for the immune system.
- Adaptogen: Chaga is an adaptogen, which means its compounds increase the body’s ability to adapt to stress, fatigue, anxiety and changing situations.
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): Chaga has the highest level of superoxide dismutase or (SOD) detected in any food or herb in the world! Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is an enzyme that repairs cells and reduces the damage done to them by superoxide, the most common free radical in the body.
- Spirulina is often deemed the most nutritionally complete of all food supplements, containing a rich supply of many important nutrients, including protein, complex carbohydrates, iron, and vitamins A, K, and B complex. It also has a high supply of carotenoids such as beta carotene and yellow xanthophylls which have antioxidant properties. It is also rich in chlorophyll, fatty and nucleic acids, and lipids. Thus, spirulina has countless uses as a supplement for maintaining good health and for preventing diseases.
- Spirulina is the richest beta carotene food, with a full spectrum of ten mixed carotenoids. About half are orange carotenes: alpha, beta and gamma and half are yellow xanthophylls. They work synergistically at different sites in our body to enhance antioxidant protection. As suspected, natural carotenoids in algae and vegetables have the most antioxidant and anti-cancer power.
- Spirulina is an ideal anti-aging food; concentrated nutrient value, easily digested and loaded with antioxidants. Beta carotene is good for healthy eyes and vision. Spirulina beta carotene is ten times more concentrated than carrots.
- Spirulina is the highest source of B-12, essential for healthy nerves and tissue, especially for vegetarians. Having said that, there does seem to be lots of evidence that the Vit B12 is in a slightly different form than that which can easily be absorbed by Humans, so it is debatable how much good this B12 will do you. It seems to be only the B12 there is this absorption issue with though, and the rest of the nutrients do seem to be bio-actively available to the body.
and remember, healing begins with a good feeling of the self. The following clip is an amazing insight to setting your mood. Please pause for a few minutes and listen to the message: